[Updated on 03.08.2016]
During my years of experience trying to get a slim body and lose weight, I’ve stumbled upon some weird ways and diets.
And I must admit, I’ve tried almost all of them.
Simply put, I am curious to see if something works or not. And that is how I found out about the egg diet.
It might sound strange and weird, but I lost more than 12 pounds in just one week, and eggs were my primary dietary product.
If you want to lose weight, try this diet.
The benefits are that you are still consuming healthy and nutritional food, and the diet is easy to follow.
It is not a strict diet that will leave you starving and craving for snacks and some calorie rich food.
In fact, you have meat and fish included in your lunch.
It is a low-calorie diet, but the downside is you cannot use it for long periods of time.
Depriving your body of healthy nutrients, in the long run, will cause more harm than good.
However, if you want to lose some extra pounds quickly, the egg diet is perfect.
One thing you must remember when you are trying this diet is that eggs are actually a very healthy source of food.
Consuming eggs provides your body with a healthy dose of minerals, nutrients, and vitamins.
One week is all you need to lose some calories, speed up your metabolism and get a better body.
Keep in mind that drinking water is also essential for this diet, so keep your body hydrated as it will help you get rid of some of the toxins.
After the week is over, you can get back to your normal diet.
However, in order not to shock your organism, try to include grapefruit, oranges, eggs and cheese in your diet as you are getting back into your normal diet.
The Diet Plan
As mentioned previously, the main ingredient and primary source of food in the diet is eggs.
You will need lots of it, but also some other food sources.
Let’s look at the diet plan and how and what should you eat for one week.
- Your breakfast consists of 2 boiled eggs, one cup of low-fat milk and two oranges
- For lunch, you need skinless chicken meat, around 6 ounces of it, and one cup of Greek yogurt
- Your dinner is one boiled egg, one orange and 4 ounces of boiled chicken meat
- Breakfast: two boiled eggs and lemon juice from just one lemon
- For lunch, you can treat yourself with one serving of roasted fish and one fresh grapefruit
- Your dinner is just three hard-boiled eggs and nothing more
- This time, for breakfast you want three scrambled eggs, and you can throw in some parsley, dill, and onion into the mix
- For lunch, you want one serving of cooked chicken and some green vegetable salad (leafy greens, cucumber, arugula and similar veggies)
- Your dinner consists of one hard-boiled egg and two oranges
- For breakfast, squeeze one fresh lemon into one cup of warm water and get two hard-boiled eggs
- Your lunch includes one serving of boiled beef meat and one grapefruit
- For dinner, as with Day 2, you get three hard-boiled eggs
- This time, for breakfast you include some veggies, or two carrots, along with your two hard-boiled eggs and one tablespoon of sour cream
- Your lunch includes carrots again, along with two poached eggs and tomatoes
- For dinner, you have one serving of boiled fish, can be tinned fish as well, and salad
- Your breakfast includes one glass of Greek yogurt, and one fresh orange or lemon
- For lunch, you get two boiled eggs and two grapefruits
- For dinner, you get just a glass of fresh water
- Breakfast includes two boiled eggs, slice of dry toast and one tomato
- For lunch, you get 6 ounces of beef meat and one grapefruit or orange
- Your dinner is just a glass of water.