You can say that the liver is the most important organ in the human body.
The liver is constantly working, trying to filter everything we consume on a daily basis.
The liver keeps the nutrient we need and removes the toxins.
But some of the toxins stay within the liver, and they can harm your body tissues.
The liver also plays a huge role in digestion, metabolism, immune system, and storage of nutrients.
Being one of the most, if not the most important organ, the liver needs constant care and a healthy boost from time to time.
We present you three detoxification juices that will help keep your liver healthy at all times.
Table of Contents
What are toxins?
Before we delve into the detoxification process, let’s explain toxins first.
The little substances cause harm to the body tissues, and we intake them on a daily basis.
Toxins include heavy metals, metabolic end products, and free radicals.
We consume toxins through food, water, and air, but they are also produced in our body through several chemical processes.
The liver works in two phases in order to clean and protect our body from toxins and cellular damage.
Top reasons why your liver needs detoxification
We mentioned that the liver is one of the most important organs in the body, so let’s list the most important reasons why you need to provide your organ with constant detoxification.
- If your diet consists of saturated and processed fats, your liver will be grateful when you treat him with a detoxification juice. Processed and saturated fats are hard to break down and digest, so your liver needs to work overtime
- Diet rich in processed carbs is another reason why your liver needs detoxification. The same rules that apply for processed fats, apply for processed carbs as they require extra effort by the liver
- If you drink alcohol or take prescription medicine, your liver needs to filter the hardest substances. Consuming too much alcohol is known to lead to liver damage, and even if you take few glasses per week, a healthy dose of detoxification juices will come in handy for your liver
- Air pollution is the next reason. Few people have the luxury of living in clean and unpolluted areas these days. Truth be told, the air we breathe on constant basis is full of pollutants, all of which overload the liver with work
- Last but not least, if you are not getting enough sleep, a detoxification juice is one way to boost your liver. The liver needs enough amount of sleep and rest, preferably 6 hours per day. Between 1 and 3am, the liver is most active, so make sure that you are in bed by that time.
Beets and Lemon Juice
One of the most powerful liver detoxification drinks is the beets and lemon juice.
- 6 celery stalks
- ½ lemon
- 1 knob of ginger
- 1 medium size beet
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
Put all ingredients into a vegetable juicer and stir.
After you’ve prepared the drink, you need to consume immediately.
Some other juices can be kept for a while, but the beets and lemon juice needs to be consumed immediately.
Beets and Carrot Juice
Another juice that has beets as the main ingredient.
The difference is that the beets and carrot juice can be stored for up to 24 hours in the fridge, or frozen for longer storage.
- 2 small beets
- 2 carrots
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 lime
Same as with the previous juice, simply put all the ingredients into the juice and stir.
You can also drink the juice immediately, or store it.
Green Liver Detox Juice
For the following detoxification juice, you will need:
- one half of a cucumber
- two cups of kale
- one peeled lime
- one cup of swiss chard
- ½ peeled lemon
Simply run all the ingredients through a juicer until you get clear drink and enjoy the benefits.
Foods for detoxification
Aside from the three juices we mentioned, you should include the following foods into your regular diet.
Including these foods will help your liver and the detoxification process.
The list includes carrots, beets, limes, lemons, dark leafy greens, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, and Sulphur rich foods including garlic and onion.