Thigh gap is the clear space under your crotch between your upper and middle thighs.
How to get a thigh gap is a question many women have.
It is the epitomical symbol of a tone, slim female body https://www.today.com/health/ideal-real-what-perfect-body-really-looks-men-women-t83731.
In order to have a thigh gap, your inner thighs must be largely devoid of fat.
And that is something 99.999% of women want to have.
However, we must say that it is extremely hard and challenging to get fat off inner thighs.
Some women see it as climbing the Mount Everest.
Some of the myths debunked
Thigh gaps have become a popular topic in the past several years.
With that, there are a lot of myths and misconceptions linked to a thigh gap.
Here are some of them.
- Not anyone can get a supermodel size thigh gap. The reality is that some women have bone structure that naturally forms a thigh gap https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_skeleton. But others do not have such blessing, and no matter how much you workout, you cannot get there. The good news is that majority of women can get a thigh gap with enough effort
- You need to be very skinny to get a thigh gap. This is one of the things women that have not tried say it. You can say women say this in envy. But the reality is that you do not have to be super skinny, or supermodel skinny. You just have to be slim and toned. That means proper diet and lots of exercise
- You have to avoid building muscle in your legs. This is one of the biggest misconceptions. Unless you are taking testosterone shots and doing squats with 225lbs, it is almost impossible to get quads that will block your thigh gap https://www.webmd.com/women/guide/normal-testosterone-and-estrogen-levels-in-women. You do want to do leg exercises with weights to tone and streamline your legs. But stick to low weight and high repetition workouts
- There is only one way to get supermodel thigh gap, and that is by starving. As the saying goes, there is more than way to skin a cat. There are many varying degrees of thigh gaps, and a plethora of aesthetic looks when it comes to the gap you are trying to achieve. That means that the thigh gap you see on your friend, might not be the same thigh gap you are looking for to achieve
With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the best exercises for how to get a thigh gap fast.
Exercises for Thigh Gap
Pile Squats resemble other squat types, but they use a unique foot position to change the nature of the exercise’s movement and grade of difficulty.
1. Stand straight, and position your legs wider than shoulder-width apart. The toes should be flared outwards
2. Keep your back straight, and then lower your core as low as you can, all while maintaining proper form. Ideally, your thighs should be parallel to the ground. Keep tension in the inner thighs
3. While keeping tension in the inner thighs, rise back up to the starting position. If it is too easy, add weights in your hand
Pilates Leg Lift
The exercise will help you work not only your inner thighs, but also the abdominals and develop core strength.
The pilates leg lift is also perfect for developing balance.
1. Lie on your side, and keep your legs fully extended
2. Lift one of your legs slowly as high as you can. Once you target outer thighs, you are at the right spot
3. Lower it back slowly to starting position. If the exercise is easy, add some weights
The bridge is one of the most effective glute-toning exercises. In addition, it works your entire core, including hamstrings, spine, and adductors.
1. Lie on your back, and keep your legs bent, while feet are hip-width apart. Put something between knees, for example, a rolled up towel or a pillow. You can even use a dirty teddy bear
2. Lift your hips until the line from your knees to your shoulders is straight, all while squeezing the object between the knees
3. Lower your hips back to the starting position, but do not rest your back on the ground. You can do that once you finish all the repetitions
Inner leg lift
Very similar to the pilates leg lift, the difference is in the area of thighs they focus on.
1. Lie on your side, with your top leg bent, while your bottom leg is extended straight out
2. Slowly lift the bottom leg as high as you can, all while keeping feet flared outward to really give your inner thigh a proper workout. You will feel a burn
3. Keep the tension in your core and inner thighs, and start lowering back to starting position. Do not rest your leg until you are done with all repetitions.
While the traditional lunge is great, a lateral will add movement that is often neglected in traditional lower body exercises.
It is also a great way to strengthen your glutes, hamstrings, and quads.
It is one of the more complete lower body exercises.
1. Stand straight with legs wide apart
2. Step to your right with your right foot, and squat as low as possible towards your right leg, all while straightening out your left leg
3. Slowly rise back to starting position, and then repeat on the other side. If it too easy, add some weights
What about your meals?
As mentioned previously, it is impossible to get a thigh gap with just exercise.
You need to combine it with some proper diet.
Here are some healthy pieces of advice.
- Count your calories, so that you figure out how many calories you need to eat to lose some weight
- Lower carbs consumption, and completely avoid high carb foods like bread and then replace carbs with protein. Focus on getting your carbs from vegetables and fruits
- Focus on lots of small meals instead of one large meal. You need to have your metabolism working for you all the time, and that is only possible if you eat food all the time, not starve yourself
- Understand your body type, so that you can achieve your goal of a thigh gap easily
- It is all about cardio, and then some more cardio to burn calories. If you want to slim down your thighs, or any other part of your body, cardio is the best way to get there
- Do not expect to get your thigh gap overnight, some of us have wider hips
- Do not make a thigh gap your life’s mission, you might end up disappointed
- A thigh gap does not make less beautiful woman
- If it is getting out of control, get some help before you fall into bulimia, anorexia, and similar eating disorder traps
References [ + ]