arrow-right cart chevron-down chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up close menu minus play plus search share user email pinterest facebook instagram snapchat tumblr twitter vimeo youtube subscribe dogecoin dwolla forbrugsforeningen litecoin amazon_payments american_express bitcoin cirrus discover fancy interac jcb master paypal stripe visa diners_club dankort maestro trash

Health & Wellness

Five Steps to Mind Body and Soul Wellness

Five Steps to Mind Body and Soul Wellness

by Healthy Homestead Team

4 months ago


Health & Wellness

Five Steps to Mind Body and Soul Wellness

by Healthy Homestead Team

4 months ago


Five Steps to Mind Body and Soul Wellness

There are many factors that can put you down. You’ve recently broke up with your partner. Or your salary is not what it used to be. You need to lose weight, but you cannot do it. Or you might be coping with some stress or traumatic experience.

And as the old saying goes, when life throws you lemons, make a lemonade out of it. Life is not determined by what happens to you, but by the attitude you bring into life.

Many people try and fail at establishing a wellness practice. And you are not alone if that happened to you. The trick is to move from where you are, to a place where you are feeling that you are taking care of yourself on a consistent basis. Yes, that can be challenging, but it is not impossible. Here are five steps you can take to achieve mind, body, and soul wellness.

Define your goals

This might sound logical, but it is usually the first step where people make mistakes. You cannot say your goal is to lose 30 pounds. Now, that is not an end goal. You need to come up with a goal that will make you feel happy. Write down your goals, and be very descriptive in your goals.

For example, if you want to lose weight, also write down how you want to look, how do you feel now, and how do you want to feel, and how can you achieve your goals.

It is not all about setting goals, it is also about defining how to achieve them.

Define your motivation

After you define your goals, you have to define your motivation. You might think it is a no-brainer, but it is not as easy as it sounds. You can say I want to be healthy and live longer. But why is that important to you? Try to come up with at least five motivating factors why do you want to achieve your goals. The more motivating factors you have, the easier is to achieve the end goal.

Change your mindset

Let’s try to put this into perspective. If your goal is to lose weight, you have to change your mindset. It is not about losing. It is about gaining. What are you gaining while trying to achieve your goal? In this case, that would be extra energy, self-esteem, and more. Your mindset should be about the things you are gaining.

You can try and make a list of things you would like to gift to yourself. Keep reminding yourself that they are priority.

The 80/20 rule

One of the many reasons why people fail at achieving their goals is that they look for perfection. And in most cases, perfection is impossible. Forget perfection. At the end of the day, we are all humans, and we make mistakes, and stuff happens. You have to leave some wiggle room.

With that in mind, try to hit 80% of your goals at all time, leaving some 20% of wiggle room for things that might come up. When you leave 20% wiggle room, you train your brain to cut you some slack when life gets in the way of your plans.

The tendency of defining rigid goals and getting discouraged when you fail to meet them is your biggest problem for mind, body, and soul wellness.

Perfectionism is the enemy of progress, remember that.

Be selfish

This is arguably the most important step. You have to make your life about you. Yes, we all have families, friends, children, and more. But you need some “me time”. Turn off your smartphone. Let somebody else worry about the problem at hand. At the end of the day, you need to create a peaceful atmosphere without any distractions. Use this atmosphere to meditate, reflect, and set up goals for the next day. Clear your thoughts, and prepare for what comes next.

0 comments


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

Related Products

Shopping Cart