When I am checking for new diets that I want to try and use, I always look at the ingredients and the nutrients in it.
And more often than not, I find soy milk as a replacement and alternative for the standard milk.
Now, why is this important?
Well, for starters, there are countless of evidence that soy milk is actually more harmful than healthy.
However, despite the evidence, most nutritional guidelines and modern diets include soy milk.
Now, I might not be some premium doctor or a nutrition expert, but I never argue the facts.
And the facts are, there are many reasons why you should avoid soy milk. By drinking it, you are destroying your health, not doing yourself a favor.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at 10 reasons why you shouldn’t drink soy milk.
1. Soybeans and soymilk with that in mind contain huge amounts of natural toxins called “antinutrients”.
This is especially important for women, as the toxins can alter a woman’s menstrual cycle. And the bad news is that two glasses of milk is all that you need to harm your health.
2. Soybeans contain haemagglutinin, a substance that is extremely harmful to your red blood cells.
Haemagglutinin is a clot-promoting substance, and the result is your cells will clump.
3. Some studies have found that soy and soy milk as well increases the body’s need for vitamin D and vitamin B12.
Studies also found that vegans (people drinking soy milk instead of cow milk) have lower amounts of vitamin D, the vitamin that is hardest to get, and crucial for bone health.
4. Back to the vitamin B12 deficiency, soy contains a compound that resembles the vitamin, but cannot be processed by our bodies.
The result is simple, you will experience a B12 deficiency.
5. Almost 100% of soy is genetically modified. By 2000, 50% of soybeans planted in the US were a product of genetic engineering.
By 2007, the number increased radically up to 91%. As soy is genetically modified, the product contains an enormous amount of pesticides, the highest of any other food we consume on a daily basis.
6. For women, soy milk does not only alter their menstrual cycle, it also contributes to breast cancer and infertility.
The reason is soy contains phytoestrogens, which are planted estrogens that disrupt our endocrine system. The disrupting of the function of the endocrine can lead to infertility.
7. Soy also contains isoflavones, two of which can stimulate the growth of breast cancer and further worsen the condition.
The two isoflavones, daidzein, and genistein have been tested and results show they stimulate the growth. Women with breast cancer should avoid soy products at all cost.
8. Soy products also contain phytic acid in high amounts, an acid that inhibits assimilation of important minerals such as iron, zinc, calcium, copper and magnesium.
9. Soy proteins are dangerous for human digestion because they are exposed to enormously high temperatures during the process in which fragile soy proteins are turned into soy protein isolate.
10. Last, but not least, soy foods contain toxic aluminum, which has a negative impact on the nervous system, the kidneys and has also been linked with Alzheimer’s disease.
What can you do?
With everything in mind, what can you do to avoid soy milk? Well, I’ve tried several alternatives, and they are all much better.
On the top of the list is almond milk, one of the most common nut milk. I have also noticed cashew and hazelnut milk on shelves of grocery stores, and they are all great.
Next in the line is rice milk, which is something you can drink if you want sweeter milk. Oat milk is another sweet alternative. However, avoid oat milk in your coffee.
If you are cooking and baking, coconut milk is the best option, as it is delicious and light.